Re: make doc

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: make doc
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 19:35:38 -0600

On 5/27/11 11:40 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 06:25:20PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
>> Is the aim with make docs to try to make it silent, unless there are
>> errors, like we have done with make website?

I think this is true only if we set a silent flag.  When make errors show
up, lots of times I have to look back quite a way to understand the source
of the error.  If it were silent, there would certainly be less to look back
through, but I think there would also be much less information to help track
down the problem.

> Yes.  Ideally we should have no texinfo errors, no .ly errors, etc
> etc.

I totally agree.

Thanks,

Carl