Re: make check currently fails (beam-skip.ly, commit7bcdd37be15ece09cd97

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: make check currently fails (beam-skip.ly, commit7bcdd37be15ece09cd97841137b075a576bbe696)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:01:29 +0100

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 05:55:58PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
> >... yeah.  No wonder Reinhold saw a 0-byte .err.log file!
>
> Yep - think that would explain it.  I'd guess we'd get a long
> .err.log file and a zero byte .log file if this were corrected.

Yes.

> Part of the rationale of this code was to make as small a change as
> possible in the original - so I did not change any aspect of the
> show_progress flag in case this was being used for something else.
> As you say, having both flags set would lead to over-writing the
> first, but you would not be likely to do that, since they're neither
> common flags and somewhat mutually exclusive.

Ah, I see.  Hmm.

> >Could I interest you (or anybody else) in re-submitting a patch
> >for the
> > lilypond-book --redirect-lilypond-output
> >feature?
>
> This would just be as a standalone change, not linked to make at
> present - is that your idea?

Yes.  We could then test it with various weirdnesses (including
files, including files in different directories, including a
.itexi in another directory which itself contains another file in
another directory, all the above but with deliberate error(s)
added to the files to make sure it's easy to find the error
message, etc).