Re: how to create baroque ornaments

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: how to create baroque ornaments
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:59:28 +1000

>>>>> "Reinhold" == Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

Reinhold> Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011, 06:14:06 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
>> This is beautiful code, showing the creation of a useful scheme
>> engraver.  Is it in the LSR?  It should be, IMO.  Or perhaps it
>> should even be included as part of our distribution.
>>
>> Developers, how should we get this into our system?

Reinhold> It seems we have so many really great third-party packages
Reinhold> (Valentin's, Nicolas', mine, Gilles' \extractMusic,
Reinhold> etc... probably I'm not even aware of some other great
Reinhold> ones). I think we should think about a general way to
Reinhold> promote and/or include those.

Good idea.

I'd call it `contrib' --- code that isn't in the mainline source, but
has been contributed to the project.  Such things can be distributed
with LilyPond, but not be part of it, under whatever licences their
authors choose (thus avoiding the licensing issues we almost had with
Articulate).  It'd be nice to have a general way to include `packages'
in a lilypond installation, but I suspect that's a bit beyond us at
the moment.

---
Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia