Re: how to create baroque ornaments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: how to create baroque ornaments
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:44:45 +0100

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:32:37AM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
> If somebody is willing to spend ~20 hours working on this, then
> let's talk.  If not, then brainstorming isn't going to get
> anything done.

A bit more info -- the first step is to clean up the existing ly/
directory.  Something like:
    ly/init/
    ly/optional/
For backwards compatibility, both directories would be added to
the built-in lilypond search path.

This step alone will take 5-10 hours of build system pain + scheme
programming + maybe C++ work.  It's also something that would be
good even if we *didn't* want to add "contrib" stuff, so we don't
even need to discuss any policies before doing it!

Once we have that framework in place (and once somebody has
learned how to do all those steps), then it's trivial to add a
  ly/contrib
or whatever director(ies) we decide in policy terms.

But unless somebody is willing and able to get the basic technical
infrastructure in place, there's no point thinking about potential
contrib/ directories or policies on how to organize it.