Re: compiling documentation

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 17:41:13 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 5:33 PM

Il giorno sab, 02/07/2011 alle 16.31 +0100, Phil Holmes ha scritto:
Well - it looks as if it's failing trying to run lilypond on
/input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly

I can offer 2 suggestions.  Instead of make distclean, simply delete
your
build directory and then recreate it using the instructions in the CG.
Then
make and make doc.  If it still fails, try running lilypond against
/input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly - if it fails, then there's an
error
in the regression tests.

I deleted the build dir and compiled again from scratch, but I get the
same error.

Running lilypond on that file works fine:

address@hidden:~/lilypond-git/build$$
out/bin/lilypond ../input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.15.0
Processing
`/home/fede/lilypond-git/build/out/share/lilypond/current/scm/../input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Interpreting music...
MIDI output to `key-initial.midi'...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `key-initial.ps'...
Converting to `./key-initial.pdf'...
success: Compilation successfully completed

But I must say that I ran the same command before compiling from scratch
and the compile was not always successful, even using the binary from
master:

$ lilypond-master/build/out/bin/lilypond
lilypond-git/input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.15.4
Processing `lilypond-git/input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...throw from within critical section.
Annullato

Annullato = canceled (?)

It looks like a sporadic error when I run it alone.
When I compile I get an error for sure.

I'm lost, hope you have some other ideas :-)

I'm now guessing that there is a problem with 2.15.4. Can you use the newly compiled binary to compile key-initial.ly?

--
Phil Holmes