Re: Allows for rider grobs in outside-staff-priority. (issue4639075)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Allows for rider grobs in outside-staff-priority. (issue4639075)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:01:33 +0200

On Jul 14, 2011, at 3:51 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> much better.  I bet there will skeletons coming out the regtest closet
> now, but let's hope that we can fix things up if necessary
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4639075/diff/23001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
> File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4639075/diff/23001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode673
> lily/axis-group-interface.cc:673: ? (scm_is_number (me->get_property
> ("outside-staff-priority"))
> why the null check? - I'd move the null check to the caller.

Do you mean:

bool
Axis_group_interface::has_outside_staff_parent (Grob *me)
{
  Grob *parent = me->get_parent (Y_AXIS);
  return (scm_is_number (me->get_property ("outside-staff-priority"))
               || (parent
                   ? has_outside_staff_parent (parent)
                    : false))
}

It's true that this avoids an extra function call, but it is decidedly less
sexy as a two-line function.  Doable, though - I don't know much about CS & the
value of less function calls versus less declarations of intermediary variables.

I'll run the regtests tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Cheers,
MS