Re: Allows for rider grobs in outside-staff-priority. (issue4639075)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Allows for rider grobs in outside-staff-priority. (issue4639075)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:47:12 +0000

I like the fact that there's no more "rider" concept.

The only architectural question I have is whether
has_outside_staff_parent should be in Axis_group_interface or Grob.

Otherwise, LGTM.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/4639075/diff/18001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4639075/diff/18001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode670
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:670:
Axis_group_interface::has_outside_staff_parent (Grob *me)
Why not make this part of the Grob class instead of the
Axis_group_interface?  It seems to be a Grob operation, and so belongs
there.

But I'm treading on thin ice here; my comments could be entirely wrong.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4639075/diff/18001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode675
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:675: || has_outside_staff_parent
(me->get_parent (Y_AXIS)))
Do you want one of these to be X_AXIS?  I can't see any reason to
duplicate the Y_AXIS calls.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4639075/