RE: Produces better error messages when programmers forget to document a

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Produces better error messages when programmers forget to document a property. (issue4801045)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:18:24 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of address@hidden
)Sent: 24 July 2011 09:41
)To: address@hidden; address@hidden;
)address@hidden; address@hidden; lilypond-
)address@hidden; address@hidden
)Subject: Re: Produces better error messages when programmers forget
)to document a property. (issue4801045)
)
)On Jul 24, 2011, at 12:05 AM, address@hidden wrote:
)
)> Can you give me an idea what his does and how to test this or what I
)> am going to see as someone who runs a lot of make/reg tests?
)>
)
)Try adding an undocumented property to an interface (i.e. add "foo" to
)the Stem interface) and then run make.  Before, make would throw an
)error about procedure-name when building internals.texi.  Now, it will still
)throw that error, but before that, it'll explicitly mention that "foo" is
)undocumented, allowing for one to then document it.
)
)Cheers,
)MS

Thanks, for this information. I'll try to run the test tonight - I ran out of
time yesterday - so I can see what it looks like when it does what it is
supposed to do, using Neil's 'broken' patch.

James