Re: Fixes bad slur heights by limiting fit_factor to the interior of slu

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes bad slur heights by limiting fit_factor to the interior of slurs. (issue4810072)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 17:37:03 +0200

On Aug 6, 2011, at 11:09 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> i tried writing a review, but i don't understand what's going on here.
> Can you add some comments to the code?
>
> cheers,
> Janek

The function fit_factor pushes up the height of a slur if there is an
extra-encompass-object in the way.  My change makes this function ignore all
extra-encompass-objects close to the extremes of a slur, as these objects have
a tendency to push a slur up disproportionately high.  These objects are still
penalized in the scoring, which results in their avoidance if possible.

Cheers,
MS