Re: Search box changes

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Search box changes
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:04:17 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:45 PM

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 05:33:45PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
I've prepared some changes for the web search box in line with what
I suggested in
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1806 - screenshot
attached.

I'd need to look at the effects of the patch to see how it behaves
in a 800-pixel wide screen.

I didn't expect it to, but it looks fine. Image attached. I would actually propose not supporting screens this narrow - even netbooks typically run 1024x600.

Problem is, I've currently got a review going for the mozart horn
regtest. I use lily-git.tcl for git.  I'm presuming that I'm
restricted to a single branch with this?  If I try git from the
command line to create a new local branch, I presume there's some
way to tell git cl that you want to upload a different patch for
review?

Could do it that way.  I personally just do
 git-cl issue 0
to "rest" git-cl, then follow the instructions for a new patch.
If I ever want to change back to uploading a new version of the
previous patch, I do
 git-cl issue xyz

of course I handle the patches myself manually with git
format-patch and git am instead of using branches.

Now that the regtest is out of the way, I think I can redo this. My latest concern over the 2 boxes (which I think is a good enhancement) is getting the translations updated.

--
Phil Holmes