Re: Improves horizontal spacing of axis groups that SpanBar grobs traver

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Improves horizontal spacing of axis groups that SpanBar grobs traverse. (issue 4917046)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:39:04 +0000

Hey all,

I'm not sure if my previous message went through, so sorry for a double
posting.

I've uploaded a new patchset with most of Joe's suggestions
incorporated: some of them are difficult to implement because BarLine's
parents are not set until after process_acknowledged is called, but
other than that they were all doable.

Could someone please apply this patch and test it against several
documents with SpanBars, letting me know if the SpanBars are printing
correctly.  I'm noticing light differences in the PDF visualization
between the thickness of SpanBars and those of their BarLine buddies.  I
have no clue why this would arise, as I don't touch that portion of the
code, and furthermore, this variation in thickness is only in certain
documents and only certain times when I open up my PDF viewer.  I get
the same thing periodically on current master as well, but I am noticing
it more here.  If someone could respond with either:

(1) Yes, your patch is changing SpanBar width and/or alignment; or
(2) No, it's just your PDF viewer that's bugging out - the document
prints just fine (I don't own a printer, otherwise I'd just print it).

I'd be much obliged!

Cheers,
MS

http://codereview.appspot.com/4917046/