Re: GOP-PROP 13: patch management tools

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 13: patch management tools
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:49:56 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> Yep.  I'd describe it as three websites
> It's a royal mess.

There is some value in having issues.google.com than only a bugs mailing
list, but there is indeed also a cost.

> Any ideas on how to deal with people who only want to deal with
> email?

We may want to have a look at the new http://bugs.gnu.org ,
an implementation of debbugs.  Debbugs works great with
just email.  I would like to know if it has git support,
you really want to link your git commits (Fixed: #1233.)
to the debbugs database and vice versa.

> My vague recollection is that the google project tools have easy
> support for email as long as everybody is using google accounts.

What does this support look like?  It would be pretty weird to
require this, otoh, if it would really fix our "royal mess",
we may want to consider it.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl