Re: Does lilypond 2.15.x support guile 2.0 yet?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Does lilypond 2.15.x support guile 2.0 yet?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:44:25 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sa., 24. Sep. 2011 22:22:39 CEST, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> There is absolutely zero chance of lilypond 2.16 using guile 2.0.
>> There is maybe a 10% chance that any version of lilypond will
>> support guile 2.0 in 2011.   Total guesswork for future
>> predictions: 50% chance of supporting guile 2.0 before July 2012,
>> 80% chance of support guile 2.0 before the end of 2012.
>
> Given that the upcoming ubuntu oneiric apparently does not include
> guile 2.0, I also don't see a switch to guile 2.0 in the near future.
>
> I suppose that we should ask the ubuntu people when they'll finally
> package guile 2.0.

To tag a number on it: if this was deemed mission-critical by somebody
with funding, I'd estimate two weeks full-time and a price tag of about
€1000 for myself.  That's rather on the cheap side for hired work, but
way out of the bounty system for a mostly volunteer-driven project.

So I rather expect this to happen as a multi-volunteer effort when it
can no longer be put off, most probably when Ubuntu moves to guile-2.0.