Re: Allows for framing comments in LilyPond backends. (issue 5450086)

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: Allows for framing comments in LilyPond backends. (issue 5450086)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:43:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 16:57:27 +0000, Ralf Mattes wrote:

> My point ;-) Lilypond's svg output is way to unstructured! SVG
> everything in place to mark up semantic units - just add a lily:mark
> attribute. BTW, this would make editing of lilypond's output so much
> more easy. One more nice thing about attributes: you could have more
> than one without worrying about proper nesting. So you could mark grobs
> as well as i.e. the voices a grob belongs to. Imagine a xslt stylesheet
> where you could select/transform node
>
>   <xsl:template match='//address@hidden:function = 'cantus firmus'>
>     <!-- do something special with C.F. notes here .. -->
>   </xsl:template>

BTW, there are a few more items on my personal svg wishlist (isn't
christmas approaching?):

 * an easy way to control node ids (again: having an id for
   lilypond entities would be great - we could do click-to-edit
   or (midi)-playback in an HTML-5 browser).

 * Maybe use 'use'? Emitting the same path for every notehead, barline or
   staff line seems redundant. Why not define these at the start of the document
   and use them later on with 'svg:use'?

Just dreaming ....

 Cheers,   RalfD