Re: lilydev 2.0

From: James
Subject: Re: lilydev 2.0
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:05:26 +0000

Jonathan, Graham et al.

On 11 December 2011 12:16, Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:57 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >    was expecting 11.04 (or whichever 11.x I thought we were planning).
>>
>> We are using 10.04 again; we're just updating the extra software.

Yes this is because 10.04 is a long-term support release. Next LTS is
12.04, coming out this spring.

> Ah ok. I'll do a full make / make doc now.

It worked in a VM for me, hopefully it will for you too. One mistake I
found is that the desktop launcher for the CG links to the 2.13
version instead of 2.15 (*facepalm*). Forgot about that. I can fix and
make a new image.

Well I followed the steps of the 2.15.whatever_version_website_is and had no problems at all.

Some observations

1.  Only 'master' is checked out with LilyGit.tcl currently
2.  Versions that are explicitly listed for the various components are below. The full output of ../configure is attached, however as I know lots of the other devs compile on their own systems the versions we use for LilyDev might be older and could be updated or perhaps someone has specific knowledge of problems with these versions that we could update?

--snip--

checking python version... 2.6.5
checking g++ version... 4.4.3
checking bison version... 2.4.1
checking guile-config version... 1.8.7
checking /usr/bin/gs version... 8.71
checking /usr/local/bin/fontforge version... 20110222
checking pkg-config version... 0.22
checking for pangoft2 >= 1.6.0... yes
checking for fontconfig >= 2.4.0... yes
checking makeinfo version... 4.13
checking texi2html version... 1.82

--snip--

Otherwise all seems to work fine. Thank you Jonathan!

James