Re: Release news, development news, state of the world

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Release news, development news, state of the world
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:01:23 +0100

2011/12/14 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> 2. the old lilypond.org/web/ pages are still up (and probably
> still in google's cache), various links point to those, which
> gives the impression that our project died 3 years ago or
> something.
> Some of that work needs to be done by you, me, or Han-Wen, but
> most of the work to fix this can be done by others.  No volunteer
> has come forward in the past 2 years to dedicate work getting this
> done, though.  So it's moving forward at a glacial pace when I
> have time left in my weekly 10 hours and there's no worse
> disasters.  This seems to work out to 1 hour per month.

Which kind of work is involved?
There's an issue about it on the tracker?
I can find just this:

And I can't understand why this can't be done now:

"We're keeping the old website for the next few months, mostly to give
translators more time to get the new website done.

Once we completely remove the old /web/ material, we probably want a
general redirect from /web/ => /website/ or even /"

Probably I'm missing something about the "old /web/ material".
Maybe a detailed description would help. Unless it's a job for people
who know well the building system.

I've started having a look at Frog issues and I hope I can contribute
something in the next months.