Re: Release news, development news, state of the world

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Release news, development news, state of the world
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:21:55 -0800

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 03:01:23PM +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Which kind of work is involved?

python scripts.

> There's an issue about it on the tracker?

Probably not.  I've pretty much abandoned adding Frog items,
really, since nobody pays attention to them.

> I can find just this:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1272
>
> And I can't understand why this can't be done now:
>
> Once we completely remove the old /web/ material, we probably want a
> general redirect from /web/ => /website/ or even /"
>
> Probably I'm missing something about the "old /web/ material".

Look at the links on this page:
http://lilypond.org/publications.html
what happens when we rename /web/ to /oldweb/ ?

Read up on the "build the website" page, in particular the
$LILYPOND_WEB_MEDIA_GIT stuff.  We're already putting pngs in
there; we just need to update the web build process to handle pdfs
and probably a few other files as well.  Oh, and those pdfs need
to be added to the web_media_git repo.

Note that the website build is completely independent from the doc
build system, and is *much* easier to deal with.

after that, it's a matter of poking around a bit to see what other
links would be broken by the /web/ -> /oldweb/ rename.  And maybe
setting up a redirect in
Documentation/web/server/lilypond.org.htaccess so that anybody
looking at /web/ will be auto-redirected to the actual website.

It would be nice if you adding the above to that tracker issue.