Re: Hiding old website /web/install page (issue 5500069)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Hiding old website /web/install page (issue 5500069)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 02:30:04 +0000

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 10:23:55PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Let me know if this is what you are thinking:
>
> 1. upload those files to github (tell me the folder, I create a pull
> request)

Let's make a new folder, pdf/

> 2. make makefiles copy the files to the correct place

yes.

> 3. change texi files so they point to the new URL (let me know what
> should be that new URL)

hmm... probably whatever the /images/ urls are?  Let's hold off on
this one for the first round: begin by giving me the pull request
in github and changing the makefile to copy those files, then
let's see wherever they end up.  :)

> 4. change the htaccess files so that old links point to the new files,
> so that any external link still works

No; I don't care if anybody is hotlinking to those pdfs.  Those
links can break.

> 5. remove the reference to /web and to the RSS from old-news (or remove
> old-news).

I'm not certain about this step.  Let's get the pdfs handled
first, then come back to this.