Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 02:59:06 +0000

LGTM

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
File Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1903
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1903: @address@hidden can
produce unintended results.  See the
"can produce unintended results" is a too vague to be helpful.
If I understand, the point is that autoBeamOff affects the current voice
only, which can be surprising when used with features that automatically
create voices like \partcombine.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1954
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1954: The properties of a beam are
determined at the @emph{start} of its
I had no idea what this was about until going back to the tracker issue.
 The surprising bit is with automatic beams, because you don't see where
they start, so we need an example.  You might just say :
"If you change properties of beam when a beam has already started, that
beam will not be affected.  For example, with the input {\hideNotes c8
f8 \unHideNotes c8 f8} the \hideNotes makes transparent the single
automatic beam across all four notes.  If you want the beam to be
visible for the last two notes you need to specify it explicitly.
{\hideNotes c8 f8 \unHideNotes c8[ f8]} "
This one is more a warning than a knownissue.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/