Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 03:08:19 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
File Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1954
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1954: The properties of a beam are
determined at the @emph{start} of its
On 2012/01/01 02:59:06, Keith wrote:
I had no idea what this was about until going back to the tracker
issue.  The
surprising bit is with automatic beams, because you don't see where
they start,
so we need an example.  You might just say :
"If you change properties of beam when a beam has already started,
that beam
will not be affected.  For example, with the input {\hideNotes c8 f8
\unHideNotes c8 f8} the \hideNotes makes transparent the single
automatic beam
across all four notes.  If you want the beam to be visible for the
last two
notes you need to specify it explicitly. {\hideNotes c8 f8
\unHideNotes c8[ f8]}

This is why I recommend a snippet, rather than just the text.  If we
need to show a LilyPond example, we should show it with the output,
rather than just describing it in the text.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/