Can GUB hang?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Can GUB hang?
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 03:18:53 +0000

I got make bootstrap to succeed for gub.  Now I'm trying make lilypond.

It worked for quite a while, then got to

building package: darwin-ppc::lilypond
 *** Stage: download (lilypond, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: untar (lilypond, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: patch (lilypond, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: autoupdate (lilypond, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: configure (lilypond, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: compile (lilypond, darwin-ppc)

and now nothing seems to be happening.  It's staying here forever, no disk
activity, no change in memory.

I've checked in system monitor, and everything but system monitor appears to be
sleeping.

SHould I just wait it out, or is there some kind of check I can run to see
what's happening?

Thanks,

Carl