Re: lilypond-book on windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: lilypond-book on windows
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:06:03 +0100

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

> Trevor Daniels wrote Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:49 PM
>
>> To carry things to their logical conclusion I'm installing MikTeX to
>> see if it is possible to make Reinhold's code work as intended on
>> Windows.  Even if it does, I could not recommend downloading
>> 167Mbytes of MikTeX just to pick up these values automatically.
>
> Well, MikTex contains texi2dvi.exe, so I renamed this to texi2pdf.exe
> and added its directory to the MinGW path.

You need a TeX distribution anyway to create PDF from lytex files.  And
if you are not creating print copy there is no point in figuring out a
line width as it would deliver a result without any meaning (except if
for some reason you want notes in HTML use the same line breaks as in
print).  So if lilypond-book fails when creating HTML documentation
without a TeX distribution, this is a deficiency not just in Windows.
It does not make sense on GNU/Linux either.