Re: lilypond-book on windows

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book on windows
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 23:10:01 +0000

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 07:00:27PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > However, even for HTML we need some kind of line width so that we can
> > line-break all lilypond snippets.
>
> That line width should be based on a pixel width (1024 is probably
> reasonably).  It is nonsensical to have it based on a paper size.

We want the line widths to look the same in the HTML as in the
pdfs.  Also, we don't want to insist that people use a full-screen
window with at least 1024 pixels -- or rather, given the left-hand
navbar, that would require at least a full-screen window at 1280
pixels or so.

> If lilypond-book calls texi2pdf in the course of generating HTML, that
> is a bug.

No, that is correct and working as desired.  The fallback works
perfectly well other than one remaining OS-specific bug in a
python version from 6 or so years ago.