Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 05:36:50 +0000

I've responded to comments.  Thanks for all the input.

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/diff/3004/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/diff/3004/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode291
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:291: @code{dev/}.  Branch
names that don't begin with @code{dev/} are
As I said before, I like the /.  I have added text to describe the
special meaning of branches beginning with origin/.  I think that will
minimize confusion.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/diff/3004/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode297
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:297: git branch dev/cg
I have made the decision not to add the tracking.  I want rebasing to be
done manually, so the user knows when it has been done.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/diff/3004/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode318
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:318: @qq{profit}, I mean
@qq{push stuff to staging}.