Re: Errors in examples

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Errors in examples
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 16:54:49 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 4:46 PM

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

Il 05/02/2012 16:37, Thomas Morley ha scritto:
Well, I looked at it now. And at
http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/tab-example-small.png
There is a printed flag in measure 4. It should be transparent, I
think. Perhaps it's possible to fix it in one go.

It compiles fine on 2.14.2
But there is also this warning:

\once \override Flag #'transparent = ##t
tab-example.ly: warning: not a grob name, `Flag'

It seems to me that this override is not necessary: if you comment it
out, the flag is not printed anyway.

On 2.14.2.

I can't test latest git version now (no time to compile it).

The original snippet doesn't have that override:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=633

Hardly surprising.  From changes.tely:

@item
Flags are now treated as separate objects rather than as stem parts.
@lilypond[fragment,quote,relative=2]
\override Flag #'color = #red
g8
@end lilypond

It was added in 2.15.13

That's quite interesting. I only found the error because I was browsing the output of make doc wondering what to tackle next (in terms of getting rid of extraneous output) and saw the lilypond error. Continues to justify getting rid of the dross of make doc so that real errors can be seen.

Would appreciate your looking at http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2146 if you're able - this would help in the same way and, if fixed properly, would display Cyrillic characters where we say they are in the NR.

--
Phil Holmes