Re: Errors in examples

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Errors in examples
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:27:00 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>
Cc: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:21 PM

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 05:57:31PM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
2012/2/5 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Hardly surprising. From changes.tely:
>
> @item
> Flags are now treated as separate objects rather than as stem parts.
> @lilypond[fragment,quote,relative=2]
> \override Flag #'color = #red
> g8
> @end lilypond

Yes, and I remember Mike manually changing a bunch of files, then
running convert-ly, then undoing his manual changes... or
something.  There was certainly something to do with Stem vs.
Flag and transparency.

In order not to change other output I simply added \override
NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t

I'm not certain that's a great solution.  Is there a good reason
why they're colliding?

- Graham

From a quick look - they don't actually collide since their pitch is so
different, but their columns collide, since there's no use of voice. Best solution would probably be to set the piece with voiceTwo and voiceFour , but IIRC that would offset the lower notes.

--
Phil Holmes