Re: Directs makeinfo and texi2html output to logfiles (issue 5645046)

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: Directs makeinfo and texi2html output to logfiles (issue 5645046)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:35:42 +0100

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>

Yes, the DEPTH=... confuses bash, so eval is needed. Please try
something like the attached though. It removes all the exec stuff and
will be much easier to understand for future contributors. The exec
stuff is needed only for complex redirection, for example if you
wanted stderr to appear both on the terminal and in the log file. But
currently we just redirect both stdout and stderr to the log file, and
this scenario does not need complex exec stuff.

Regards,
Julien