Re: Directs makeinfo and texi2html output to logfiles (issue 5645046)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Directs makeinfo and texi2html output to logfiles (issue 5645046)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:42:34 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Julien Rioux" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:31 PM

Julien Rioux <address@hidden> writes:

I guess I made a typo and it should be
eval $1 &> $2                        # Redirect both stdout and stderr
to log file.

but apparently my version of bash understands either &> or >&, and it
works perfectly:

Please refrain from entirely unneeded bashisms as they make it harder to
understand the code for others.

eval $1 > $2 2>&1

works on every Bourne shell.

LGTM on my local VM. I'll test it on my build machine and put up a new patch if all is good. Thanks.

--
Phil Holmes