Re: Final redirection of texi output (issue 5650064)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Final redirection of texi output (issue 5650064)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:41:27 +0000

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:05:56AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

> scripts/build/run-and-check.sh:2: eval $1 > $2 2>&1
>
> Actually, it is totally basic shell scripting here.

Well, apparently you don't need "basic" shell scripting for 7
years of full-time linux use and 4 years of macosx use, and
thousands of hours of open-source work for multiple projects.
I've called programs, I've used for loops, but anything fancier
than that is done as a makefile or python.

My rule of thumb is that if I don't understand something easily,
then at least 50% of future lilypond contributors won't understand
it either.