Re: CG updates

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Re: CG updates
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:09:44 +0000

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 02:54:39PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> "Check if the issue falls into any previous category given on the
> relevant checklists in Bug Squad checklists. If in doubt, add a new
> issue for a report."
> (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/adding-issues-to-the-tracker)
>
> I'm not convinced this makes sense.  Should it say "Check if there
> is already a bug report for this behaviour" or somesuch?

My understanding of that text was:

"If you've just landed on this page we'd just like to confirm with you that you
have been through Bug Squad Checklist page. But hey, we'd rather not lose bug
reports so if in doubt just go ahead with the process outlined below."

I think that "Check if there is already a bug report for this behaviour" is a
different instruction. It is also a difficult requirement to satisfy.

> In particular, I want
> squadders to label any issue they can't verify themselves with a
> label such as Needs_dev_to_verify or something like that.

Sounds good.

Cheers,
Colin.

--