Re: CG updates

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: CG updates
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:01:08 +0000

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 03:09:44PM +0000, Colin Hall wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 02:54:39PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> > "Check if the issue falls into any previous category given on the
> > relevant checklists in Bug Squad checklists. If in doubt, add a new
> > issue for a report."
> > (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/adding-issues-to-the-tracker)

Huh.  I don't know what I meant by that.

> > I'm not convinced this makes sense.  Should it say "Check if there
> > is already a bug report for this behaviour" or somesuch?
>
> My understanding of that text was:
>
> "If you've just landed on this page we'd just like to confirm with you that
> you have been through Bug Squad Checklist page. But hey, we'd rather not lose
> bug reports so if in doubt just go ahead with the process outlined below."

That sounds good... ah, I've got it!  The "categories" are the
numbers under "emails to bug-current" on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/bug-squad-checklists

namely:
1. already handled
2. how to use lilypond
3. latest git
4. not a tiny example
5. something is unclear
6. expected behaviour
7. already in the tracker.

If the reported bug is NOT one of those 7 things, then add it as a
new issue in the tracker.  If you are uncertain, go ahead and add
it anyway.