CG updates

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: CG updates
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:54:39 -0000

I've updated the CG with some new stuff for the Bug Squad - mainly information requested by the current squad or where it seemed unclear what was meant - for example, the definition of "Regression" should now be more explicit. It's currently in staging working through to master, but while I was doing it, I came across this:

"Check if the issue falls into any previous category given on the relevant checklists in Bug Squad checklists. If in doubt, add a new issue for a report." (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/adding-issues-to-the-tracker)

I'm not convinced this makes sense. Should it say "Check if there is already a bug report for this behaviour" or somesuch?

I'd also like to make the Issues to Verify process clearer (I've already made some changes as above). In particular, I want squadders to label any issue they can't verify themselves with a label such as Needs_dev_to_verify or something like that. This will show they've looked at it and prevent other squadders wasting time on it. Are there any objections to this?

--
Phil Holmes