Re: Google Summer of Code - Ideas List, please discuss

From: pls
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code - Ideas List, please discuss
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:56:24 +0100

Am 16.02.2012 um 13:02 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys

> Does that really work? Each software has different fonts; unless
> symbol dimensions are standardized, the results will still require a
> lot of postprocessing, won't they?
>
> What happens if you take a fully formatted file from Finale and load
> it into Sibelius via the musicxml route, and the reverse? Is anyone
> able to post the before and after PDFs of such a transition?
I can't really say what happens when you interchange a fully formatted MusicXML
generated by Finale but this is what I did to test the different output:

* engraved a piece with LilyPond
* converted it to MusicXML using PDFtoMusic Pro v1.3.0d
* manually corrected the .xml-file (surprise, surprise: PDFtoMusic Pro' OCR is
not »perfect« ;-))
* reconverted the file to LilyPond using musicxml2ly
* opened the .xml-file with Finale NotePad 2012, Finale 2011 Demo, Sibelius 6
Demo, MuseScore v1.1

And these are the results (first page only):

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image