Re: Google Summer of Code - Ideas List, please discuss

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code - Ideas List, please discuss
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:51:37 +0100 (CET)

> Metatype1 is hosted on a polish server:
>
> http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/metatype1

At the time I did the transition to mf2pt1, I had compared the various
approaches of converting METAFONT outlines to Type1 fonts.  mf2pt1
appeared as the most straightforward approach, much easier than
METATYPE1.

Do you think that mf2pt1 isn't appropriate or insufficient for our
purposes?  IMHO, it does a good job, so I don't really understand the
whole discussion...

    Werner