Re: CG: add information about Regtest Checking Project (issue 5669047)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: CG: add information about Regtest Checking Project (issue 5669047)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:24:22 +0000

New patch set uploaded.

On 2012/02/17 12:04:10, Graham Percival wrote:

http://codereview.appspot.com/5669047/diff/5001/Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5669047/diff/5001/Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi#newcode512
Documentation/contributor/regressions.itexi:512: accidental placement
by
constucting one huge chord with many suspended notes
uh, wait a moment.  Don't you want to check that accidentals don't
collide with
each other?  How can you do that without having one huge chord?

i want to check more than whether accidentals don't collide (they should
be placed in certain order, and there's also the "should flats sixth
apart be staggered or not" thingy, and so on)

I really think you should remove this subheading entirely.  It's
difficult to
read, and I'm not certain that changing the regtests in this way would
even be a
good idea.  Get the other parts accepted first, and then we can argue
about this
additional portion later if you really insist.

OK.  I'm really sure that some regtests should be designed in a
different way, but this indeed can wait.
Probably an example would be nice here.

Could you help me with links to music glossary and internals?  Julien
wrote that they are wrong, and i don't know how they should be done (and
i'm really busy so if you can save me 15 minutes of searching i'd be
grateful).

cheers,
Janek

http://codereview.appspot.com/5669047/