Re: CG: add information about Regtest Checking Project (issue 5669047)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: CG: add information about Regtest Checking Project (issue 5669047)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:55:33 +0000

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 09:51:31PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I decided not to use @rglos and @rinternals (because from what i
> understand it would print the name of the section i'm referring to) but
> use @rglosnamed and @rinternalsnamed instead.

I discourage (but not forbid) the use of @...named; I think we
should just use @rglos and let texinfo figure out what to print.
That's what we do elsewhere, so it's good enough.

> This worked nice in html
> manual, but in pdf i got:
> "...explained in our Section “Music Glossary” in Music Glossary
> Chapter 9: Regression tests 98
> or Section “Internals Reference” in Internals Reference."
> Not perfect... shall i use regular references or don't worry about this?

*shrug*

Up to you.  The fancier you make the formatting, the harder it is
to maintain.  You should also check how it looks in info.  If you
want to play games with that, go ahead -- as I said, we don't
forbid @...named.  But I personally would just use the standard
@rglos and accept whatever that produces.