Re: Handling of open strings in tablature (issue 5695058)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Handling of open strings in tablature (issue 5695058)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:32:20 +0100

Am 27.02.2012 12:19, schrieb address@hidden:
Instead of dontTreatOpenStringsSpecially, something like omitOpenStrings
Well, omitOpenStrings sounds quite good IMHO. Before I do another patch,
any suggestions/corrections from other string-addicted people ;-) ?

Regards,

Marc
or skipOpenStrings looks less like an active special action for open
strings, and maybe normalOpenStrings or fingerOpenStrings or
fretOpenStrings suggests that the point is to include them in the normal
calculations instead of treating them exceptionally.

No, I am not happy with all that, but I am pretty sure we will have
users that have a problem understanding that "excludeOpenStrings" means
that we _include_ them in the normal fret distance calculations.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5695058/