Re: Handling of open strings in tablature (issue 5695058)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Handling of open strings in tablature (issue 5695058)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:03:17 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 27.02.2012 12:09, schrieb address@hidden:
>> On 2012/02/27 10:51:25, marc wrote:
>>> I hope I corrected everything accordingly, because I screwed up my
>> local
>>> branch ... :-(
>>
>> That's quite improbable to do thoroughly with git.
> Well, I did it.
>
> I don't know what happened, but most probably a git reset --hard in
> the wrong
> branch :-(
>>
>> Try git reflog and see whether a useful copy is sitting among the given
>> references.

git reflog has no problem providing recovery from that.  The default is
that references only reachable through the reflog are garbage-collected
after three months.  That is usually long enough to recover.

It is actually rather hard work if you accidentally commit a directory
with 1GB of stuff in it to purge it from your repository again.  git
reset --hard does not really do much in that respect.