Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 22:06:34 -0400

Hello!

I mentioned in passing that Fedora 17 (currently in beta) ships Lilypond 2.15.29 that reports bogus bar checks.

It turns out that both the current Lilypond from git and Lilypond 2.14.2 are miscompiled on the up-to-date Fedora 17 so they exhibit the same problem.

That's the minimal example. It doesn't report a bar check, but it shows an error:

\version "2.14.2"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff { b2 }
    \new Staff { b1 }

  \layout {}
}

$ lilypond barcheck.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.15.38
Processing `barcheck.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
programming error: moving backwards in time
continuing, cross fingers
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `barcheck.ps'...
Converting to `./barcheck.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

Attached is the output converted to png format.

Lilypond 2.14.2 reports the same error.

I tried compiling Lilypond with compat-gcc (version 3.4), but it doesn't understand some compiler flags needed by Python.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin