Re: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 10:09:11 -0400

Quoting David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

Quoting Pavel Roskin <address@hidden>:

I'll try to identify the function tomorrow.

That would be welcome.  I looked through the function right now and saw
no obvious problematic candidate.

It's Simultaneous_music_iterator::pending_moment()

simultanous-music-iterator.cc is short enough to look through the
generated code manually.  If you compile it (of course with all other
relevant options) and options -S (for generating assembly source) and
-fverbose-asm then I should have a reasonable chance of finding problems
in the generated code by manual inspection.

I moved everything but the problematic function to another file. I'm attaching the files. simultaneous-music-iterator-O1.s is compiled with -O1, simultaneous-music-iterator-O2.s is compiled with -O2.

That's x64_64 assembly.  Please let me know if you want i386 assembly.

I'll try playing with the C++ code. That may give us a workaround for Lilypond and a compact example for reporting to GCC developers.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin