Re: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 17:10:13 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> The optimizer does not appear interested in the result of the
> comparison when calculating the minimum value!  There is no
> conditional path entered.  That does not make all too much sense.

Since you managed to boil this down to a single function and
compilation, it should be straightforward to report this using the
instructions at

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/

and describe the problem, namely that the "min" function with -O2 does
no longer interpret the output of the compare call.

Now we just need to figure out which of the gazillion optimization
options (listed in the assembly file) from O2 as compared to O1 makes
the compilation go bad, and then we can add appropriate compiler
options.

We had to do this sort of $&!# already for gcc 4.6, so our configure
tests are straightforward to fix once we know the option to switch off.