Re: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript (issue 6137050)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript (issue 6137050)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 21:20:44 +0100

<address@hidden> wrote Friday, May 04, 2012 8:43 PM

Ok, everybody will love me for my late thinking again.  But here we go:

:)

we have two cases of footnotes: one that will attach itself to whatever
happens at a given point of time, being an independent event.
I propose we _always_ let
them try to attach themselves as postevents/articulations, by defining
the footnote command with define-event-function.  Then the - before the
footnote call is optional, like it is with things like \p.

I think that makes more sense to explain.

Definitely!

Yes, it is a nuisance to
rewrite the documentation _again_,

Sorry James, but I agree with David - any simplification is well worth it.

@David: will you action the change?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/