Re: Plan for discussions

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Plan for discussions
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 20:20:57 +0200

Le 11/05/2012 19:44, Graham Percival disait :
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 09:59:49AM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:19 AM, David Kastrup<address@hidden>  wrote:
Janek Warchoł<address@hidden>  writes:

What about a real-life meeting?  There will be a GNU conference in
Dusseldorf (west Germany) in second half of July, maybe we could meet
there for a couple of days and sort out some big picture stuff?  I
think that discussing LilyPond live for one day will give us better
results than a month of mailing lists discussions.

I could offer accommodation and discussion room (and accordions) for a
few people in Waltrop, rural location about 50 miles from Düsseldorf (10
miles from Dortmund).  Wait, we're all metric, right? 80 and 15 it is,
then.  There is a piano here as well, but its tuning is sort of rural,
too.  Oh, and Internet of course.  Hm, there would be a guitar somewhere
that is, while not fabulous, also not exactly supermarket trash.  A
master keyboard too, and several Midi expanders.  And reasonable room.

Cool!  That's something like +1000000 from me :)

That's a very nice offer from David, and it would be great if we
could take him up on it, either in July or August.

However, I am opposed to any "official" (GOP or GLISS) proposals
being decided at such a venue.  We have developers and
contributors around the world, and it would be horribly unfair to
people in Brazil or Australia if 3-4 people gathered in Germany
and decided stuff.

May I propose a workaround, just in order to mix business with pleasure:

Why not trying to have one "meeting" per continent at the same time, with a daily hour on IRC with everybody?

Cheers,
Jean-Charles