Re: generalizing offsets to properties

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: generalizing offsets to properties
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:03:04 -0500

Hi Janek,

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

David already knows my opinion ;) - i'd just like to share with you
how this function made my day yesterday!
I have a song with piano accompaniment which contains loads of portato
passages, and they were pushing the height of staves too far.
I simply used the Offsetter and everything is great - see attached!

Thank you!!

Thanks for testing this out and sharing this example!

So far I don't find situations where the function leads to unexpected results/errors, but I don't know enough about the internals to be confident about this.  It's one thing to apply a function to all grobs that have a 'control-points property, but this function isn't restricted by property.  Are there situations where this generality will lead to problems, and is there a way to guard against such problems?  Any input on these questions will be very helpful to me.

Thanks,
David