Re: Documentation of Kievan notation (issue 6303095)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Documentation of Kievan notation (issue 6303095)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:06:15 +0000

This will be an excellent addition to the NR.

We don't enforce house style quite as rigorously in Chapter 2 as we do
in Chapter 1.  But one, which is to use working examples of code and to
let those examples speak for themselves, is worth adopting here.  I've
shown what I mean towards the end, in the paragraphs about accidentals,
but there may be other places where a similar change might improve
clarity.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely
File Documentation/notation/ancient.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode41
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:41: Gregorian notation.
"... contexts for these styles." maybe.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode2431
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:2431: as the following excerpt
demonstrates:
Stop after the comma, and change that to a colon.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode2464
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:2464: There is only one clef used
in Kievan notation (the Tse-fa-ut Clef). It is used to indicate the
position of @code{c}, as in the following example:
Stop after the comma, and change that to a colon.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode2537
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:2537: @end lilypond
Rather than displaying the glyphs (which already appear in Appendix 8
and should be referenced there) it would be better to move the following
para about accidental style before this one and then show the use of
accidentals in context in a bar of music.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode2541
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:2541: e.g.:
"The @code{kievan} style for accidentals is selected with"
and use @example for the code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/diff/1/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode2566
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:2566: @end lilypond
Could this example include a bar of music to show how the two fit
together?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303095/