Re: [XY]-core-extent and general_alignment (issue 2613) (issue 6308093)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: [XY]-core-extent and general_alignment (issue 2613) (issue 6308093)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 05:02:27 +0000

On 2012/06/20 03:20:07, janek wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys
<mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
> It would
> be nice if this wouldn't require overhaul of the core data
> structures of LilyPond.

  But it
will also help with other things, and i'm pretty sure that a lot of
objects will benefit from having both extents and core-extents.

Other properties help with many objects, 'padding for example, but we do
not reserve space for the possible value of 'padding in every single
graphical object.  You do not need to fill my RAM with empty core-extent
caches for each one of my staccato dots.

Access your property directly in the self-alignment-interface.cc, as is
done with self-alignment-X, for example.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6308093/