Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:54:14 +0200

Am 20.06.2012 21:13, schrieb address@hidden:
Good work - two overall things.

[...]
2) Have you tested performance hits on large scores?  It may be worth it
to leave bar-line.cc as the default and have your script as a Scheme
implementation, not unlike the way we do bezier curves.

I did a test with a considerably large file, first with the current master:
real    0m36.592s
user    0m31.902s
sys    0m1.216s

then with the new patch:
real    0m32.166s
user    0m31.118s
sys    0m0.992s

and then again with master (I think lilypond does some caching, no?):

real    0m32.065s
user    0m31.046s
sys    0m1.012s

So if I didn't do anything completely wrong, there is no noticeable difference
between letting Lily do the barlines the c++ way or scheme-ishly.

Regards,

Marc