Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:11:57 +0200

Am 23.06.2012 11:06, schrieb Benkő Pál:
hi Marc,

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/1/scm/bar-line.scm
File scm/bar-line.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/1/scm/bar-line.scm#newcode83
scm/bar-line.scm:83: (define (make-colon-bar-line grob)
I'm afraid this defun doesn't match the relevant part of current
Bar_line::compound_barline.

try

\new Staff {
\override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'(-2 0 2 4)
s1 \bar ":|"
}
Thanks for the hint! I didn't check the results with altered line positions
yet,
but I don't understand what's wrong here – IMHO the scheme stuff mimics
1:1 the code from the original definition.
that definition was changed considerably in the meantime.
I just noticed that ... sorry for that!

What is wrong here?
in other threads this was answered, but let me summarize from another POV
(noting that I'm not at all an expert):
we have several conflicting properties (line-count, line-positions,
staff-space),
used in c++ generally through accessors; those accessors grew
more sophisticated and mean no more the same as the property (as you saw
line-count of scheme vs. line_count of c++).
Yes.
we even have some abstractions built on them (e.g. staff_radius), and that
just adds to the confusion, which could grow for quite some time because
noone uses these fancy staffs.  well, I need them from time to time, so lately
my work with Lilypond went to straightening up some of these issues.
Thanks for clarification! I'll try to implement the changes for the
colon stencil within the next few days...

unfortunately I have just a little time for Lilypond and I'm much better versed
in c++ than scheme, so I can't really help you with this project.
Never mind – checking my current work against your fancy staffs is
very helpful for me!

Regards,

Marc