Re: Treat accidentals parentheses as cautionary (issue 6310065)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Treat accidentals parentheses as cautionary (issue 6310065)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:50:45 +0200

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 08:58:13AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>> I just did a git am using his patch, but I'll amend the commit before
>> pushing. Do we need some license statement from Rodolfo?
>
> No; lilypond is not FSF-copyright-assigned, so nothing is needed.

Yes and no: everything that somebody writes is automatically
copyrighted.  We don't collect written statements about that, but at
least it must be plausible that the code in question was _intended_ to
be contributed to LilyPond.  That we don't collect formal statements and
don't collect copyright assignments does not mean that everybody is free
to grab code "off the net" and put it into LilyPond.

For example, if someone posts code to the LilyPond user list and asks
whether this is how it should be done, that does not imply that he is
willing to see this code end up in our code base.

Posting a patch on the developer list, however, is a pretty reliable
indicator...

> But thanks for checking!

Yup.