Re: Meeting 2nd half of August!

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Meeting 2nd half of August!
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:31:39 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

>> is one of the things I am spectacularly bad at.  One thing that has
>> turned out to be effective at times is meeting people in person.
>
> Amen to that.

+100

> Jan and I had some spectularly bad fights over patch handling (mainly
> Jan complaining of mine). Those fights always were caused by
> discussing things in a hurry over e-mail, and were always resolved
> when we called to discuss things over the telephone.

Later, possibly when we learned to fight better and more viciously,
esp. Han-Wen became very good at phoning before things got out of hand.
I remember that by the frequency of email exchanges even, rather than
their content, a must-phone-now moment could be determined.

> I warmly recommend getting together, hacking, thinking and drinking
> some beer (or whatever your preferred beverage).

..or talking when you planned hacking, or hacking when you planned
talking..or preparing and testing new dishes..or both.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl